We know the types of skills that employers are looking for in their employees. Our coaching helps you
- Improve your career performance
- Identify areas for improvement
- Settle into a new job more easily
- Feel confident and comfortable with the ever-changing world of work
- Become a better manager
- Make the most of work opportunities as they arise
What are Employability Skills?
Employability skills are known by a number of names: Soft Skills, Enterprise Skills, 21st Century Skills.
Employability Skills are your cognitive and interpersonal skills. Skills such as how you work with people, if you are detail orientated, your computer knowledge, how productive you are in the workplace. These skills can transfer from one job to another.
Technical Skills are associated with the knowledge and skills you have gained through study and work in a specific specific job eg plumbing, teaching, nursing and so on, some of these skills also transfer to other positions, although often in related areas of work.
Did you know? 75% employers say they choose employees based on their employability skills over their technical skills (National Skills, Commission 2020)
Skills we coach you in:
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Helping you to develop the logical thinking skills you need to improve your ability to analyse and assess inforamtion.
- Help you understand the importance of communication in the workplace.
- Develop your knowledge of verbal and non verbal communication
- Teach you how to write and present information in a clear and engaging style
Customer Focused Service
- Use our Counselling skills to help you identify what you wish to improve and how you want to do this.
- Discuss what good customer service looks like and how you can attain this
- Give you strategies in managing difficult conversations
Digital Literacy (Tech Savvy)
- Help you to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Build your confidence in your ability to learn and use a wide range of technology.
Identify Your Individual Work Style -DISC Advanced
- It impacts on what you like to do
- You like to work and
- You interact with others
We also provide time for you to discuss and evaluate the results and what they mean to you.
Identify Your Leadership Style – DISC advanced
- Using the DISC Advanced Leadership assessment as a starting point we will talk with you about your own leadership style, how to recognise other peoples work styles and how to lead people of other styles
- We will give you strategies in managing difficult conversations and managing change
Information Literacy (Research Skills)
- How to analyse your information and sources so you know you are getting accurate, trustworthy and high-quality information on which to base your decisions
- How to search Google effectively using tools such as Google Advanced, Google Scholar and Boolean Logic.
- Shortcuts to reduce research time
There are two levels of Interview preparation as some positions need more advanced preparation.
- General Interview Preparation
- We will work with you to research the business you wish to work for
- Working together we will prepare answers to questions
- We will provide opportunities to practice interview techniques
Advanced Interview Preparation
- All General Interview Preparation plus
- We will review any written plans, reports etc that you need to provide to your prospective employer
- We will review any presentation you need to present, providing informed suggestions
Job Search Strategies
- Strategise and plan your job search
- Identify the career that will be the best fit for you
- Write a Job Application that highlights your skills and strengths
- Utilise social media in your job search
Managing Your Files & Information
Keeping your information and files organised is an essential to being efficient and organised.
- Teach you how to organise your computer files so you intuitively know where to put your documents and where to find them again without searching for hours
- Help you organise your online information such as websites so you have a quick and accessible reference library
- Recognise truth from misinformation and disinformation (Fake News)
- Analyse your information and sources so you know you are getting accurate, trustworthy and high-quality news
Productivity Skills & Tools
- Help you understand when you are most productive
- Help you create systems and habits that make you more productive
- Teach you how to use technologies to help you become more productive
Tailored Skills Coaching Package: Develop your capabilites & skills
We will help you gain the knowledge, practice and confidence you need.
Our one to one coaching is an extremely effective way to improve and develop the skills you need to be more competitive in the job market, whatever your age or stage in your career.
Using our Skills Audit and expertise in work skills, Jo & Kate will identify any areas you need to develop.
How it works:
- We meet via online video conferencing for your free 30 minute “Right for You” session
- You sign up & we send you a Skills Audit
- Session 1 we discuss the results, choose your program and get started
- We provide demonstrations, practical exercises and step-by-step guides for all our skill areas
- Session 2 we continue coaching you in your desired skill/s
- If you wish for extra coaching in we offer our ongoing clients a 15% discount per session
- If you have a number of skills you wish to work on we will create a package tailored to you
- At the end of each session, we will discuss what happens next.
0429 722 401
Optimum Career Development Package
Providing you with all the bells and whistles in understanding yourself, your works style, how you work with and lead others and how this impacts on you, your team and your career.
The package includes 4 x 1 hour face-to-face (Zoom or in person) conversations with one of our expert, accredited career coaches to work through and understand the results of the DISC Advanced psychometric assessments and how you can best utilise this information in improving your own career performance and/ or improving your chances at advancement.
This service is for you if
- You are looking for advancement opportunities
- You are a new manager and would like to know how to get the most from your team
- You have a team that is dysfunctional and not working to its optimum
- You want to improve your own or your team’s productivity
- You are looking for a career change at a senior level
- Move into your new position with confidence and ease
- Gain insight into what skills you need to work on with our Enterprise Skills Audit
- Build your skills at a time that suits you
- Be confident at work, at home & socially with your stronger interpersonal skills
- Know your skills are going to help you get and retain the job you want
Included in the package
- 4x 1 hour face-to-face Narrative Counselling sessions (online or in-person)
- DISC Advanced Profiles Assessment Report & Evaluation
- DISC Advanced Leadership Assessment & Report
- Values Self Assessment
- Skills Audit & Evaluation
- Occupational Research & Information
- Decision Making Tools & Assistance
- Step by Step Plan
- Strategies for Refocusing
- Free 4×1/2 hour Review Meetings (online only)
- Free email support for 6 months
- 10% Discount on other services
All customisable to your needs.