Set your goal
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What do you like about your current job?
- What don’t you like about your current job?
Explore careers to see what fits best with your work preferences.
Websites that may help:
Make a decision
Tools that may be useful
- Mind Maps
- SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis
- Talking it over with family & friends
Plan towards your goal
What steps do you need to take before you apply for your dream job?
- Do you need to study or train
- Who can help you ie think of your network
- Update your Resume
- Do you need experience? Maybe volunteer.
Create a short term and a long term plan
Use the information you have gathered to:
- Create a short-term detailed plan for 6-12 months
- Create a long-term plan for 3-5 years or even 10 years
Put your short-term plan on a board near your workspace so you can see it at all times
Review both your short-term and long-term plans regularly
- Create a new short-term plan every year (January is a good time)
So many things to consider when starting off in a career or when you want to change your career.
We can help you navigate your way forward:
Book a free ½ hour “Getting to Know You” Session with Jo or Kate at Expand Careers Consulting. Booking a consultation with a Career Counsellor is your first step to taking control of your working life. www.expandcareers.com.au